15 April 2007

Perspective

I expect my perspective to change this year. This word is about your view - physical, personal, spiritual, relational, etc. Your view, and therefore your perspective, is largely dependent on what's within eyesight and earshot. My view will be very different for a while, as I live and work in Mongolia.

I'm blessed to have the opportunity to take a sabbatical, and direct all my energies into a ministry that I have come to love. Lifeqwest (http://www.lifeqwest.org) was started by Jerry and Susan Smith, American missionaries, to rescue abused and abandoned children in Mongolia. In the 10+ years since then, God has grown and blessed their ministry, which now provides a number of other humanitarian services to the community in and around Darkhan, Mongolia. Having worked there over the last 3 summers on short trips, I can't wait to get there and stay for a while.

I created this blog because I thought it would be the best way to share my experiences with friends and family. I have no idea how often I'll update it when I'm there, but I hope to post at least weekly, including photos. You might enjoy learning a little bit about Mongolia. Here's a picture of the kids that Lifeqwest cares for. They are dear to me, and I can't wait to tell them that I'm staying longer this time!


8 comments:

palomita said...

I'm so excited you're finally on your way! Can't wait to read the first report from the ground.

Todd Richards said...

So glad to finally see the link to the Big Small World. Looking forward to reading more... and it is no wonder those kids are dear to you... thay are so cute.

Anonymous said...

Hi Susannah- I can't wait to read about all you are doing in Mongolia!

Unknown said...

Dearest Susannah,

I hope that you have a safe trip, and a soft landing.

All to the glory of God!

Love,

Mom :-)

Me said...

Susannah - can't wait to hear more from your time in Mongolia! I know the Lord is going to use you in a great way!

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you, sister! I'll miss you, but I can't wait to hear about what God is doing with you over in Mongolia!

Unknown said...

Susannah, hope you have arrived safely already in Mongolia. What an awesome ministry this will be for you! We are praying for you and for this ministry...

-Jeff

Anonymous said...

Hi Susannah - glad to hear you made it there (in spite of some *slight* issues - ha ha!) and that things are going well. (Also seems that you have ready access to the internet, which is good too!) Keep the stories coming - we are living vicariously through you with our boring, American lives!