13 September 2007

A good day

It's 10pm and I'm winding down my day. Today was such a good day that I thought it blog-worthy. And not because I accomplished anything significant, but because of small pleasures. This morning started with my weekly ladies bible study that I lead in my apartment. I'm not sure why I haven't shared more about this yet, because it's by far my #1 passion and joy here. More to come on that later. Suffice it to say, the ladies who work in our ministry come each week hungry to study the bible and to fellowship together.

In the afternoon I went to a nearby elementary school to practice on their piano. This week I discovered several places in town that agreed to let me come and practice on their pianos when no one was using them. Piano is a life-long hobby for me, so I'm pretty excited to find an outlet. Yesterday when I originally visited the music teacher, he invited me right into his class and had his students play a little mini-concert for me. It was hilarious! I was this complete stranger just walking into his school asking to borrow his piano, and before I knew it, he was playing the accordion while some 13-yr-old girl was playing along on a handmade xylophone.

I walked home in the beautiful 70-degree weather, enjoying our extended summer. Then tonight I was watching TV at a friend's apartment, and landed on ESPN. To my complete amazement, they were playing last Saturday's A&M football game! It was pretty surreal to be watching my Aggies on TV in Mongolia. I savored every minute.

I'll chat online with my mom before I hit the sack. And I'll remember this day as one of the best so far.

2 comments:

Elbie Adams said...

This is my favorite of your entries.

Ravi said...

Sounds like a great day, but can you really do random piano-hopping like that? Couldn't you get arrested for that?