01 October 2007

Used gum storage

Mongolians like chewing gum as much as the average American. There are a variety of brands in the stores, including a few familiar ones like Juicy Fruit and Bubbalicious! Thanks to my dear friends at HFBC who visited this summer, I'm still enjoying some Orbit Mint Mojito flavor gum.

I observed something new (and odd) yesterday. While sitting in church, the boy in front of me got tired of his gum, and proceeded to take it out of his mouth and stick it in his ear. Not ON his ear, IN his ear. I'm certain it was located such that his hearing was undoubtedly diminished. I later confirmed that this is a fairly common practice for temporarily storing used gum, until the person is ready to resume chewing.

I used to feel a little bad when I would stick my gum on the top of my plastic soda fountain cup during lunch. So, where do you store your gum for future chewing?

No comments: