09 December 2007

Winter necessity

Thought you might want to see my winter coat. Thanks to the sacrifice of a few good sheep, it's the single most important item I own in Mongolia. This picture was taken about a month ago, on a nice sunny day. The temperature was about 30 degrees, right around freezing. Now, the daytime high is running around 10 degrees, and I won't be standing outside long enough to take a photo, if I can help it. For my mother and other concerned readers, yes - I do have a hat which I normally wear.
I've been wondering if this coat will make the trip home with me or not. It would literally take up an entire suitcase, and when would I wear it? A decision to be made in the future.

2 comments:

Amanda C. said...

Holy guacamole, 10 degrees for a high!!! I think that coat was DEFINITELY money well spent! I had no idea it was so cold over there-- will it warm up before you come back home? Hope you're finding plenty of ways to stay warm!! Love you!!

Me said...

First of all, that is a very pretty coat! Secondly, you are a much, much braver woman than I - I don't think I would even step outside if it dropped below freezing!