28 March 2008

Cool kids


The weather was nice enough this week to play outside with the kids. I took the younger boys out to the field to play soccer on Wednesday. We practiced their English while walking - I've taught them a short conversation that includes 3 simple questions: "Hello, how are you?" "What's your name?" and, "How old are you?" They know most of the responses but sometimes get them mixed up or leave out words. Like, I will ask them: "How old are you?", and they might respond, "My name is ..." But I'm proud of how hard they try. They always make me laugh, too. I was standing near one of them (the one holding the ball) while he was playing soccer goalie, bored while the other boys were at the other end of the field. He just randomly started screeching like a crow for a couple of minutes. They are great entertainment.

By the way - as nice as it looks in this picture, today the snow is back on the ground in full force. I woke up this morning and thought "drats!" when I looked outside.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed reading your blogs. Will see you soon in Houston where it is already getting somewhat warmer!!!!