10 March 2008

Die, Winter, Die!

I can't believe it, but today it got up to almost 60 degrees. A week ago, it was still in the 20s and 30s, and there was snow on the ground. In a matter of days, all the snow has melted and it looks brown outside again. Of course, there's a lot of slush and mud on the ground, too. It's almost too fast to believe - after months of bitter white cold, it's unreal how fast it disappears. As if to mock my winter weather misery, overnight it's warm and sunny, saying "what were you so upset about?"

I realize it won't last. We'll still get some snow and cold temperatures, but I'm glad most of winter is over. Any new snow probably won't stick for long. I've switched to a lighter coat, and hung up my big heavy sheepskin for a while. The days are longer, kids are playing outside, and I can open up my windows again. It's such a relief.

Incredibly, I've only got a few weeks left here. I'm hoping the weather stays nice most of my remaining time. Die, Old Man Winter!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great post! I'm glad to hear you are doing so well. I know it is just a few more weeks, but when exactly are you coming back?
Laura Bell

Heather said...

Hola chica!
Como estas? Hope you are staying warm over there.... when are you coming back to US and more importantly, when are you coming to see me in Mexico???
send an email if you get a chance
take care
Heather